Thursday, April 21, 2016

Farewell little friend!

Today, I sold the CB250.  I posted it on Craigslist about 12 days ago. A couple of nibbles. A young couple, believers came by tonight to take a look and bought it.  She's learning to ride, he's experienced and has owned several bikes in the past.  He is going to get his dream bike, an MV Agusta Brutale.  That is serious nakedness. Wow.  They let me pray for them and I watched the little CB250 pull out of our driveway one last time.

I'm happy for the sale. I'm thankful for the ease and straighforward-ness of the interaction. I am glad to have the opportunity to move on to another bike.

But I'm a little sad.  The little Nighthawk, Putnam, we called 'im, was a faithful little steed.  It started each time (classic Honda reliability) it was asked, and seemed to enjoy being ridden.  No attitude, no pretense, just a little motorbike--no frills.  I had my first real riding experiences on this bike and it was always very accommodating and faithful.  My confidence on the road grew.  I had the bike for just over 3 years and 3,000 miles.  It had about 36,6k when it left my service.

My sincere hope and prayer is that this new little family will have many safe miles of reliable Honda fun and that 'ol Putnam serves them well.

Farewell, my little friend! :)

No comments: